How we are handling Covid-19?
Farmers Market Riceville is in compliance with Governor Reynold’s Proclamation regarding farmers markets and has moved to offering online ordering and curbside pickup to Protect Iowa’s People.
Purchase Process Map Described
Online market opens Saturday evening > Online or phone orders may be placed until Wednesday noon > Online and phone orders are given first priority to available supply > Sell-outs are to be anticipated, order early > Curbside Pick-Up of online/telephone orders occurs at 203 West Main Street between 9-9:30 A.M. (see additional Online Order Pick-Up instructions below) > Open market of remaining stock begins at 9:30 A.M.-11 A.M. (see additional Open Market Shopping instructions below).
Online Order Pick-Up Instructions (Must be picked-up between 9-9:30 A.M.)
- For Curbside Pick-up:
- Park along the curb of 203 Main Street (look for yellow traffic cones) between 9-9:30 A.M. on Saturdays for orders placed online or telephoned in by noon of the prior Wednesday. A physical order form is available for viewing at the Riceville Public Library.
- On an 8×11” piece of paper, print your name and place in your passenger side window or windshield upon arriving for pick-up.
- Each vendor will have your ordered packaged and will deliver in mask and gloves.
- Vendors will place in your backseat or back-hatch, please have them unlocked or open.
- Since money is one of the dirtiest things we handle, please have adequate change to make exact payment if possible. Count the money out to the vendor and place in their container.
- This is in accordance with Governor Reynold’s Proclamation concerning Farmers Markets. Help us Protect Iowa’s People by providing nutritious food in a safe environment.
- For In-Person Pick-up:
- Come to the corner gazebo at Farmers Market-Riceville between 9-9:30 A.M. and vendors will come to you with your purchases, no waiting in line and before what you want is sold out.
- All protocols for Protecting Iowa’s People as mentioned above will be followed.
Orders not picked-up by 9:30 A.M. will be placed on the Open Market.
Open Market Shopping Instructions
- Open market is from 9:30-11 A.M. and traffic will flow one-way.
- Shoppers are to enter on the east side off of Walnut Street and exit on West Main Street by the Post Office.
- The sidewalk will be marked in six foot sections. Please wait on the mark until your targeted vendor is open.
- Only one customer per vendor at a time.
- Point to the item you wish to purchase. Shoppers may not handle the product.
- Since money is one of the dirtiest things we handle, please have adequate change to make exact payment if possible. Count the money out to the vendor and place in their container. If you write a check, take your pen with you.
- Stop, Shop and Go: No pets or children at market. Our festivals, contests, games, music, freshly brewed coffee and socializing will have to be something we all look forward to in future.
- This is in accordance with Governor Reynold’s Proclamation concerning Farmers Markets. Help us Protect Iowa’s People by providing nutritious food in a safe environment
Instructions for using this website to place order
To place an online order for pickup you can follow these simple steps:
- Click on “Vendors / Products” link at the top of this page.
- Select a vendor to see their product listing for the current week.
- Edit the quantity and click “add to cart” to add a product to your virtual cart.
- If wanting product from another vendor, return to the “Vendors/Products” link and select the additional vendor(s) and repeat step number 3.
- When complete, simply proceed to checkout to place your order. You will receive an email confirming all the details of your order after submitting.
If paying with a personal check, please make out a check for each individual vendor that you will be buying from. The amounts due to each will be in your order summary after you checkout.
This site will not accept or process any payment method. All payments will be made at time of pickup (Saturday between 9-9:30 A.M. at Farmers Market-Riceville. Orders not picked-up by 9:30 A.M. will be placed on the open market for selling.
Thank you for supporting locally grown and baked foods.